In the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland Form P45 is the reference statement providing the details of employee before leaving the company. At the time of termination form P45 is completed by the employer. Importance of this form can be described as this comprises the details of employee’s earning and taxes paid during the tenure of employment which is then forwarded to HM Revenue and Customs where tax particulars on the employee’s tax data are documented. Hence to get this form an employee must intimate the employer about the decision of leaving job beforehand and request to prepare form P45; however this is not a crucial one.
Download P45 Form
Form P45 supports in accurate verification and computation of tax requirements with new company. It also worthwhile when processing for claiming a Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA) in a condition when a person is not switching to a new company immediately after leaving the current one; additionally used to claim tax refunds. As it forms a basis of efficient tax management between an employee, employers and HMRC, hence being a vital document to the PAYE system and with its widened importance an employer is legally obligated to provide a P45 to its employee at the time of termination.
Processing and Submission of Form P45
Basically form P45 has 4 parts, viz., Part1, Part1A, Part2 and Part3. One can file P45 through the Revenue Online Service (ROS), once P45 is issued to an employee, part1 of it can be submitted through ROS website to inform Revenue about the dissolution of an employee. In P45; Part1 is to be sent to HMRC by the employer; Part1A is kept with the employee for his own records; Part2 and Part3 are to be given to the new employer or to the Job Centre Plus in case if not working just after switching the current company.
- The offline filled form is need to upload onto ROS website under My Services option,
- Select P5(1) and then click at Upload Return,
- On clicking Add File option, saved ROS P45 file needs to be uploaded then,
- Selected file is then added on clicking Open tab,
- ROS password is then required to upload file,
- After successful completion of the file a confirmation number will be generated and flashed on the screen for the return,
- After completing the procedure, one needs to access ROS inbox to check the receiving of other three parts of employee’s form P45.
- In online option the employee’s current record is to be updated first, using the services available on HMRC website. Part1 details can be completed and sent online only after the database is ready.
Details must be filled avoiding any flaws and submitted online on the authorized website of HMRC; an offline form is uploaded at ROS website by the employer. Once part1 is filed and accepted by HMRC, rest of the three parts can also be completed manually.
Where to send P45?
P45 should not be sent to HMRC. An employee who has received P45 from the employer should keep it and share it when he has moved to another job and their share it with the new employer.
download p45 form ireland download p45 form 2018 download p45 form online download p45 template download p45 2017 download p45 form revenue download p45 from ros blank p45 download p45 form download print p45 download pdf p45 download free download a p45 download blank p45 form new p45 form download p45 download hmrc download my p45