What Is Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme?
Coronavirus large business interruption loan scheme is a scheme introduced by UK government in order to provide financial support to eligible large sized businesses who are adversely affected by Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19).
As per this scheme, qualifying medium and large sized businesses can avail the loan facility or other kind of financial support up to 25% of turnover or £200 million (whichever is lower). 80% of the finance is guaranteed by the government to the lender.
Previously, medium and large sized businesses were availing the loan or other financial support only up to £50 million which is now increased to £200 million as per the announcement made by HM treasury on 19th May 2020. The changes made to coronavirus large business interruption loan scheme are expected to go live on 26th May 2020. Hence, it is suggested that you should apply for this loan scheme on or after 26th May 2020 in order to get access to more amount of money under this scheme.
Who Can Apply for CLBILS?
You can apply for this scheme if your business –
- Is UK based
- Has an annual turnover of more than £45 million.
- Has not received any financial support from Bank of England’s COVID-19 corporate financing facility (CCFF).
- Has been adversely affected by the Coronavirus outbreak.
You need to confirm the following –
- Your business was viable before the coronavirus outbreak.
- You are adversely affected by Coronavirus outbreak.
- Your access to loan will take you out from any short or medium term difficulty happened due to Coronavirus outbreak.
Note – In case your turnover is less than £45 million, you may be eligible for any other financial support.
Who Cannot Apply For CLBILS?
Any business sector can apply for this scheme except the following
- Public sector bodies.
- Building societies.
- Banks, insurers & reinsurers (but not insurance brokers).
- Primary & secondary schools funded by the state.
Tenure of the Coronavirus Large Business Interruption loan scheme
This loan scheme is available for the period ranging from 3 months to 3 years.
What you can get under CLBILS?
Under this scheme, you can apply for the following –
- Invoice finance
- Asset Finance
- Revolving credit facilities (including overdrafts)
Businesses having annual turnover between £45 million to £250 million can get access up to £25 million facilities whereas businesses having annual turnover exceeding £250 million can get access up to 50 million facilities.
How to apply for Coronavirus Large Business Interruption loan scheme?
Currently, there are 12 lenders who have participated under this scheme to provide financial support to medium and large sized businesses including all the main retail banks. It’s totally the lender’s call to decide whether you will be provided loan or not. You can easily approach any of the lenders as per your choice via lender’s website. Find a lender.
Important details provided to lenders
You must provide the following details to your lender
- Amount you are planning to borrow
- Purpose of borrowing money
- How much time you need to repay it back?
As per the recent update on 19th May, businesses borrowing the amount of more than £50 million must agree to the following conditions
- Borrowers can’t make dividend payments
- Restriction on senior pay and share buybacks
You need to provide the following documents to your lender in support of your application of loan payment to prove that you can afford to repay this loan back
- Forecasting of cash flow
- Management accounts
- Business plan
- Assets details
- Historic accounts
The documents you need to provide vary depending upon the lender. Lenders will check the following information before approving the loan to your business
- Whether you can afford it or not?
- Whether availed for suitable business purpose or not?
- Is this right type of finance your business requires to fulfil their needs?
If the lender turns you down
In case the lender turns down your loan payment application, you can opt for any other lender under this scheme who can make right type of finance available to you as per your needs.
In case you want more information or advice on Coronavirus large business interruption loan scheme, kindly call us on 03330886686 or you can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also Read :
- Coronavirus Bounce Back Loan For Small Businesses
- Apply For The Coronavirus Future Fund
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)
- How to get Coronavirus grant from the government for small businesses?